Apr 28, 2017
Mayday, Mayday, Mayday, our state is in a state of emergency without a budget, every day we go $11,000,000 further into debt. Not only is our spending out of control, our state’s population is declining. In 2016, we had the Great Exodus with 37,508 escaping the bureaucracy, putting our population at the lowest it has been in a decade. This trend will likely continue if we do not stand for a balanced budget, lower taxes and less regulation on businesses. The smaller our population gets, the larger the tax burden on the individual, once again cheating the hard-working people of Illinois. When people leave they also take their abilities and income with them. According to Illinois policy from 1995 to 2009 the state lost out on a net of $26 billion in taxable income, due to the state’s poor public policies that force families to move in search of a higher standard of living.
How do we solve this problem? The answer is easy but getting to the solution is difficult. Lawmakers need to change the way they do business and address the reasons people are leaving Illinois. We can start by cutting taxes, stop the spending and borrowing culture and reduce business regulation. We must be fiscal hawks and remember that we work for the people of Illinois.
We need to effect common-sense positive policies that make our state competitive and give people and businesses a reason to invest in Illinois. These changes will increase the influx of people and entrepreneurs, creating jobs and increased taxable income that is desperately needed.This is why I have decided to run for the Illinois State Senate District 54, if I have the privilege of earning your vote, I will follow my contract with the people:
Contract with the People
1. Put Citizens above politicians. I know that every decision that lawmakers make has a profound impact on the individual and that each law passed should apply to those who passed it.
2. Fight for fiscal responsibility.
3. Fight for a balanced budget as written in the Illinois Constitution, “Proposed expenditures shall not exceed funds estimated to be available for the fiscal year as shown in the budget.”
4. Fight for term limits
5. If elected, I will not serve more than three terms
6. Fight to lower property taxes
7. No Budget = No Pay for state legislators
Paid for by: Vote for Him